Monday, May 19, 2014

Review: The Adventures of Jillian Spectre

     The Adventures of Jillian Spectre is a paranormal/fantasy book that follows a girl named Jillian, a teenager living in New York's Mystic Quarter, who has the ability to see into the futures of her clients, even after death. But it gets cooler- She can also be in two places at once; but the catch? Her heart can only be in one. 
     Super cool powers aside, Jillian is just like any normal girl. Well, any normal girl with a best friend that just so happens to be an actual muse and has amazonian good looks to top. A normal girl torn between two guys, one of which is a telepath, and the other can you know, read minds. Throw in an estranged father she long thought dead who has a plan to take down society, and yeah, she's got a lot on her plate!
     I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. The characters, tone and plot kept me captivated from the very beginning. Jillian narrates this book and keeps it very entertaining, she's sassy, funny, and witty, and I loved getting to read the book from her point of view! Her best friend is the kind of kick-butt, hilarious and all around cool friend we all wish we had. I loved all the characters, even her stereo typical fortune teller mom. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a fast paced story with some pretty amazing characters! The sequel comes out some time next year, and I'm definitely going to be getting it! 4.5 out of 5 noodles!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews