Monday, January 26, 2015

Anne of Green Gables

Anne Shirley is an orphan, who through a huge misunderstanding, comes to live with the Cuthberts in the small but beautiful town of Avonlea. See, the Cuthberts wanted a boy. And Anne, with her bright red hair and fiery personality to match, would turn into one if she coul if it meant she got to stay with them. So through a series of scrapes, lengthy imaginings, and countless daydreams, Anne tries to win them over. And like the Cuthberts, you can't help but fall for her.

I really don't know how I'd never read these books before. I completely loved Anne's long winded ramblings about anything and everything, and saw so much of myself in her! Minus the red hair of course;) But once I got into this book, I knew there was no going back. Anne Shirley would have a place in my heart forever. And I can't wait to finish the series! This book was also very well written. When I say Anne could get long winded, I meant it, but somehow I never found myself wanting to skim through those parts, I held on to her every word! I never got bored. I laughed (a lot), and I cried (a little...) and I simply loved this book. If you haven't meant Anne Shirley yet, I highly recommend her, she'll love you. 5 out of 5 noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews