Monday, April 14, 2014

Review: We Are the Goldens

We Are The Goldens, by Dana Reinhardt, Is another book I got to read as an ARC before it came out. This book follows a teenager named Nell, as she starts high school, an deals with the changes it cause in her life. Having been inseparable with her older sister, Layla, since they were little, when she starts drifting away Nell takes it personally. Throughout the book, Nell makes it her goal to find out what exactly is going on with her sister. And she doesn't like what she finds out. Nell and Layla come across a fault line in both of their lives, and discover that the other one remains on the opposite side. Stuck in her childhood memories, Nell just wants to get her sister back. Layla wants something different. And so the story continues.

If you couldn't tell, this book wasn't one of my favorites. As it was very short, I finished it in a day, but not because I was enthralled by it. The storyline was lacking in my opinion, and I found it hard to like the characters. Nell and Layla got on my nerves, and development was pretty nonexistent. A lot more parts of the story could've been expounded upon, making it better. But alas, I just didn't flow with this book. If you happen to be browsing your local bookstore around the end Of May when this book comes out, I'd recommend passing it up. 2 1/2 noodles. Sorry folks!

2 comments:

  1. Well then forget it! If it doesn't get at least 3.5 noodles, I'm not bothering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!!!! A book you didn't like. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews