Thursday, October 16, 2014

Review: The Kiss of Decption

Princess Lia is being faced with a fate that so many before her have had to succumb to, an arranged marriage forged to try and make peace with a neighboring country. But Lia has never been one to just sit down and take it. So she does the unthinkable- She runs away on her wedding day. Now marked as a traitor to her kingdom, her enraged father sends an assassin after her to make her pay.  And what of the prince? Well, he's intrigued by the girl who had the guts to do what he's been itching to do all this time, so he goes after her too. Lia, the Prince, and the Assassin have hopelessly entwined themselves in an ever growing web of mystery and lies, where no one is who-or what- they say they are.

    Before you go running away, thinking that this book sounds exactly like every other cheesy arranged marriage/runaway bride/unsuspecting lover story out there, let me stop you! This book has a very interesting twist that completely sets it apart from all the others.
    You already know that our story follows the runaway princess Lia, the prince, and the Aassissin. BUT, what you don't know, is that throughout the book, you don't know who the assassin is, and who the prince is. EEEP! I know, exciting right? Lia unsuspectingly interacts with them through the book, but you don't find out until the very end who's out to kill her, and who wants to marry her. We get 5 point of views throughout the story line: Lia, the prince, the assassin, and then the two people that each guy tells her they are. I know it all sounds very confusing, but trust me, it works.
   I have to admit, when I first heard about this book, I didn't know how the writer was going to pull it off, but let me tell you-she definitely did. The story was really well written, and kept me guessing until the very end! And I'll just say that my suspicions were completely wrong. It just made it more fun! I really liked this book, the only problem I have is that it's the first in a series so I don't know how the author will think up another way to make this story unique, but I'll definitely continue on with it when the second one comes out! 4 noodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews