Monday, December 29, 2014

Favorite Books of 2014 and 2015 Reading Resolutions!

2014 was an awesome year for me. So much happened and I'm so excited to see what this next year brings! During this year I read more than I ever have, and rediscovered a love for reading that I always knew I had, but had pushed aside for some reason. So here's to all the amazing books I read this year, and all the ones to come!

(In no order, because it was hard enough for me to pick favorites in the first place)

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr- I don't really have words for this book, besides I think it's now my favorite book of all time. It was beautiful. Read it. Check out my review to see what it's about! 

S by Doug Dorst and JJ Abrams- I honestly can't remember if I read this book in 2013 or 2014, but I'm going to say it was 2014 because I just love talking about it. This book was such a creative, wonderful monument to the book world. If you're skeptical about reading this book because you think its just a gimmick, worry no more! I've never read anything like it, and the experience like no other!  

Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas- I started this series this year, and I can't wait for it to continue. It's the best Young Adult Fantasy series I've ever read! I really was hooked from the very first page. It's so well written, and come on, how could you not love a book about a super awesome assassin chick? (That may or may no be how I describe this series to anyone who asks about it because I don't know how to explain it without giving anything away...)

Eragon Series by Chuck Paolini- If you love Lord of the Rings, you'll love this series. Dragons, Elves, Dwarves, what else could you need? It's definitely the most in depth young adult series I've ever read. SO GOOD.

Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer- This series is one of my favorites. It the coolest fairytale retellings I've ever read! I'm so excited for the next book! 

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keys- Oy vey. This one has to be the saddest book I've ever read. But it was so good, I really think more people need to read it. I'm going to do a review soon, but I don't want to say too much about it! It's really best to read this one without knowing too much about it. 

The Help by Kathryn Stockett- I think everyone should read this at somepoint. It's right up ther ewith To Kill a Mockingbird to me! It's a very important historical fiction book that provides a very good look at our country's past.

Dune by Frank Herbert- It's been called the best science fiction book of all time, and after you read this you'll see why.It's very in depth, kind of like LotR is, so it's not a very fast read, but it's so worth it!

This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl- And lastly, the life and words of Esther Earl. The girl that inspired the Fault in Our Stars, this is her diary that her parents published after she passed away. It was truly moving, and Esther was an amazing, wonderful girl. I have a review on this on too!

And now it's time for my reading resolutions! Lets see... This year I'm going to try and read 50 books. Hopefully more! And I'm also going to finish It, by Stephen King. Because I've been working ion that one for waaaay too long. 

And that's it! These are some of my favorite books that I read this year. I can't wait to see what my favorites will be next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews