Monday, December 22, 2014

We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist



Josh Sundquist, an amputee cancer survivor, paralympic ski racer,and motivational speaker, has terrible luck with girls. Ever since middle school, Josh has tried, and failed, to get a girlfriend. As an adult, when he still hasn't struck gold and had a relationship, he wonders if all his failed attempts have something in common that he can fix and finally get the girl. So he conducts a scientific investigation, wherein he tracks down every girl from his past he was interested in, and asks them simply, what went wrong? This books is a funny, and "embarrassingly true story" of Josh recounting all his attempts to be a ladies man, and his quest to find out what exactly, he's missing.

Let me just say that I've been a fan of Josh Sundquist for years. From first discovering him on YouTube and reading his other book Just Don't Fall, when I heard he was coming out with this I knew I'd have to read it. And then when I got approved on Netgalley to read this as an ARC I was so excited! I love Josh's sense of humor, and knew this one was going to be good. It's filled with dry humor, cringingly awkward moments, and hilarious encounters that I just loved. The entire books is divided up in to sections that each focus on a different girl. They have the background, hypothesis, and investigation, in which Josh meets up with the girls from his past to find out what went wrong. All this leads up to one special girl, Ashley Samsonite, whom he is currently engaged to. I loved the self searching that Josh did throughout the course of this "investigation" and knew it would turn out to be a happy ending because he proposed to Ashley a few months before this book came out. My only complaint is that after reading the whole book, with the background and investigation for each girl, I had really hoped that we'd get to see more of him and Ashley together, but she only got four pages at the very end. They were a totally adorable four pages, but it left me wanting so much more. However, if you read this book and feel the same way at the end, this YouTube video on his channel will all but erase that feeling for you. In it he tells the completely adorable way he proposed to Ashley, and of course, she said yes!
All in all, I really loved this book. It was cute, funny, and definitely worth reading. I love Josh and Ashley and wish them all the best on this new leg of their journey! Get it? Leg? I feel like Josh would appreciate that. I give this book 4 noodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews