Thursday, August 28, 2014

If I Stay Movie Review!

A few days ago, I got to go see the movie adaptation of If I Stay, and let me just tell you, it was amazing!! I know what you're all thinking, how did it compare to the book? It stayed true, my friends! I can't help but constantly compare the movie to the book while I'm watching it, and was pleasantly surprised by how close to the book this one was! There were a few differences, but really, nothing major. The acting was wonderful, from everyone! Chloe Grace Moretz did a phenomenal job, she really captured the total devastation that Mia was feeling, I think. And the music was so good! The actor that played Adam, Jamie Blackley, actually sang the songs that were in the movie. And he did it amazingly! It made everything feel so much more real,
and I loved it. Mia's family was so adorable. Her parents were fantastic, and just like I imagined them! And Adam and Mia's relationship dynamic was on point. I felt like they had just walked out of the book! Their bickering and fighting, contrasted with their complete love for each other, somehow just worked. My only complaint was about the crash scene, it wasn't nearly as graphic as it was in the book. But I guess that's understandable. There's only so much you can do! And of course, I cried. A lot. That's kind of what I do in movies... All in all, I think they really hit the nail on the head with this one. If you're looking for a faithful book to movie adaptation, you're in the right place! I honestly think I liked it as much as the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews