Thursday, August 14, 2014

If I Stay & Where She Went by Gayle Forman


I don't want to write too much of a synopsis of these books, because I don't want to give anything away. However, I'll give you a few details!
17 year old Mia is a Cello prodigy. She's so good in fact, that she has an option open her that most musicians only dream of- Julliard. She's torn between her two loves- her love of music, and her love of her family, and her boyfriend- Adam. Does she go to school and pursue her dreams, or say here with her family and her Adam, but lose a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Adam has some choices to face too. His band is just starting to take off. He can either stay in the area and continue playing his music while Mia goes across the country to school, or drop everything and follow her.
Neither wants to make that hard decision.
The something unthinkable happens. A tragedy beyond anything either of them could have imagined, Adam and Mia's lives are thrown into a sharp perspective. Will they ever recover? Suddenly every hour is precious, and not a minute can be taken for granted. Will this new perspective give them the answers they've been looking for? 

I had been hearing about these books for a long time, and had never heard anything bad about them. And what with the movie having just come out, I just couldn't resist. I just had to jump into it! And I have to say- I wasn't disappointed. These books are completely worth the hype! I was floored by the events that occurred in If I Stay, and enthralled with how things turned and were resolved in Where She Went. The concept of If I Stay was something completely new to me. The choices Mia has to make post tragedy (really trying not to give away any spoilers here!) are incredible, and seemingly impossible. Yet she does, and the growth both of these characters experience through it is... exponential.
I loved both of these books so much. I read each one in a single day, completely unable to put them down! I highly recommend these, and I can't wait to see the movie! Who knows, maybe I'll even do a movie review!
I give both of these books 4.5 noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews