Saturday, August 30, 2014

Throne of Glass

Celaena Sardothien has endured and survived an entire year in Endovier prison camp- a feat most men would never be able to accomplish. But she's not an ordinary girl, She just so happens to be Adarlan's greatest assassin. Then one day she is dragged into an audience with the crown prince of Adarlan, the young Dorian Havilliard, and she assumes that means she's headed straight for the gallows. But then the prince offers her something she never would have guessed- he tells her that the king is organizing a competition where the winner will become his personal Royal Assassin. And the prince wants her, Celaena, to be his champion. His piece in the games. If she wins, she'll be the king's assassin for three years, and then be granted her freedom. But if she loses... she'll be thrown back into wretched Endovier. Even though she hates what the king stands for and what he's done, how can she refuse? She'll do anything to be free. She just has to win.

Holy. Cow.
This book was unlike anything I've ever read! The world building was absolutely amazing. You really get a feel for how awful Endovier was, and how terrible the king is, with his power hungry conquering tendencies. I loved the split point of views in this book, you got to see so much more that you would normally. We get to see pretty much all of the main characters perspectives at some point throughout the book and it really helped move things along! The action was intense throughout the whole book. There really was never a dull moment! And I liked how the main focus wasn't on the events in the competition itself, but rather what was going on around it. I loved how people learned to see Celaena as more than an assassin, and became actual friends to her. I got the feeling that if something happened and she lost the competition, they would do everything they could to make sure she didn't go back to Endovier. I can't wait to read the next book, I think there's going to be some serious changes happening in Adarlan! I was totally gripped the entire time I was reading this, and I'm so glad this is going to be a bigger series! Last I heard, there was going to be 6 books in the series, with the 3rd one about to come out. I'm stoked to be able to enjoy this series for a long time! 5 out of 5 noodles all the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews