Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Throwaway Girl by Kristine Scarrow

Andy knows the meaning of a hard life. Put into foster care to get away from her abusive mother, Haywood Home for Girls has been a true escape. It's the closest thing shes had to a home in her entire life. She's about to turn 18, which means she's aging out of the program. She's been dreaming about this her whole life, of getting out and making her own decisions, but now that it's actually happening, she can't help but be a little scared. Andy has to start a life of her own, and try to evade the homelessness, hunger, abuse, and hopelessness that has followed her for as long as she can remember. 

I was able to read this book in advance through netgalley, and I've been waiting for months to be able to give this a timely review, and to let you guys know that I truly loved it! This story was very touching. I loved getting to see Andy grow, and live her own life instead of letting her past control her. Andy was a very dynamic character, and you really get to see how much she's changed through flashbacks we get through the whole story. I liked how you actually got to see Andy's past, and not just have to guess about it. The background story was very strong, without taking away from the present story. I loved all the characters, and the bond that the girls had at the home, and watching how Andy changed when she finally left. This book earned a spot on the list of the few books that have actually made me cry. I've never read anything with a story like this, and I loved it so much. It made me so emotional, I was happy, sad, laughing, and everything in between. 5 out of 5 noodles!
THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE IN EBOOK FORM OCTOBER 14 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews